Remote Senior Developer – React, Node, AWS
- 80% to 90% time (est. 120-150 hrs per month)
- Pay TBD per Contractor Requirements
- Limited to Candidates residing in the United States
- No recruiters or agencies, please
As a Senior Developer, you will be architecting custom web applications and features, along with driving the engineering team. You will be writing code, sharing knowledge, and delegating work. You will be mentoring mid-level and junior engineers. You communicate effectively with both fellow engineers, product owners, and clients and provide architectural and code review feedback. You will also be expected to document and promote best practices. Your experience shipping production code will help other developers make informed and forward looking decisions.
At Brevity we empower developers … you “own” your code and the process from development to validation and testing. This means that developers write application code, write automated tests, and the infrastructure code. We also encourage developers to maintain experience across the full stack. We value diverse back-end and front-end development experience. We value developers that strive to stay informed about all aspects of software development and are not afraid to step outside their comfort zone.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, preferably with large, complex web applications
- Demonstrable role as a project tech lead with oversight of multiple developers
- Deep and recent experience using Typescript, React, GraphQL,and Node
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure tools
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure services and best practices
- Able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL or another modern relational database
- Strong knowledge of security fundamentals, secure coding best practices, and testing (HIPAA, PHI, PII and GDPR experience is a plus)
- Eager to improve processes via automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Perform all technical aspects of software development including design, hands-on engineering, developing framework & tooling including prototypes, code review, mentor engineering peers, and own and drive transformation with various technology domains
- Function as an engineering leader with consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and contribute to automated test suites
- Work closely with product owners to define the product and engineering roadmap
- Manage the deployment, and monitoring of software across staging and production environments
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Experienced and comfortable working with remote teams and external vendors
How to Apply
Who We Are
Curiosity – We believe we’re different because we are highly curious people who are constantly learning. We seek out opportunities to explore and expand our knowledge.
Collaboration – We’re strongest when we work together. This means we leave our egos at the door and truly seek the best answers. We acknowledge and deeply respect one another. This is our strong foundation for solid relationships and great results.
Ethics – We believe in being ethical and fair in all our interactions – internally and externally. This means doing the right thing, even if it doesn’t benefit the bottom line.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations