Remote Integration Engineer at CoW Protocol
Location: We are a fully remote team, and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 3 hours CEST time
Position: Full-time Contractor
About the role
You will be part of the frontend team and closely align and work together with the business development team. The goal for this role is to increase the amount of integrations of CoW Swap and grow the general ecosystem that’s built around CoW Swap. As part of your role you will examine and brainstorm new collaboration ideas with our partners, improve the SDK and general developer experience, work closely on our grants program (define bounties and evaluate submissions), and attend conferences and hackathons.
What you’ll do
- Be CoW Protocol’s foremost expert on the developer audience. Work to understand the core needs, pain points, and motivations of external engineers that are tasked with evaluating and implementing CoW Protocol
- Structure documentation requirements for developers with varying objectives — from integrating CoW Protocol into their existing DeFi platforms to creating new solvers for the core protocol
- Develop features that foster fast integrations (e.g. easy to integrate widget for swapping)
- Help the CoW GrantsDAO in creating new technical bounties as well as assessing bounty applications and submissions
- Plan, oversee, and develop materials for CoW Protocol’s presence at hackathons. Travel the globe to be an on-hand resource for anywhere between 4-8 Ethereum conferences per year
- Shape the roadmap of CowSwap by collecting and scoping out new feature requests and proposing improvements that will accelerate the onboarding of new partners
- Attend sales calls between technical teams to assess deal potential, suggest other collaborations, and ideas, and evaluate priorities.
- Maintain excellent communication with current and potential partners in terms of onboarding and ongoing support.
Who you are
- You have several years of experience developing professional client-side web apps
- Experience in Python, JS, React
- Experience designing restful API
- Automation of tools, docker
- A natural collaborator and problem solver
- Experience developing software solutions
- Extrovert, you enjoy talking to other devs and exploring new ideas for collaborations
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excited by new challenges
- Proactive & hands-on! Sending code snippets to kick-start an integration can go a long way!
It’s a plus if you bring:
- Understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory, and mechanism design.
- Good to have other relevant languages, like Rust, C++, Solidity
- Good to have experience in consulting, on technology solutions or as a client-facing solutions architect, integrations engineer, or similar
Our tech stack
- Product: Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Rust, Python, C++
- Web3 development: Web3, ethersjs, Hardhat, Foundry, Solidity, IPFS, TheGraph, ENS
- Testing: jest, cypress, React testing-library
- Analytic tools: Dune Analytics, Google Analytics
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space;
- Competitive compensation and a stake in the success of the project (token plan);
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team;
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem;
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions;
- Impact: If you are joining a startup, and you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
But most importantly – grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking the initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at CoW Protocol. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
Life in CoW Protocol is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves on how we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and we have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible – anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application!