Remote Application Support Engineer (Remote)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Who we are:
What you’ll do:
Who you are:
Who we are:
AlphaSights is the leading global knowledge platform. Our sophisticated technology platform enables our clients, our people, and our experts to connect, collaborate, and transfer globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and nonprofits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven Application Support Engineer to join the Engineering Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the Application Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You are always to be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
Who you are:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; User Support, emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Attained Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX
- $70k – 75k fixed annual base salary
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position. AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.